We received a call from one of our customers to help out one of his drivers. He hit  a patch of ice on top of an overpass and road the guardrail down. After the guardrail ended, the truck turned sharp right due to both right side tire being punctured and the steering box snapping off. The truck went through a slight ditch and into a stand of Christmas trees, wiping out about 5 of them. Luckily he stopped just short of the second row. I hooked to both sides of the truck to steer it around the good trees that he managed to avoid and brought it to the clearing.

20170315_181300_zpsidzvbayj.jpg

20170315_181308_zpsuwxfnfoj.jpg

20170315_181321_zps2fe6oqub.jpg

I hooked to both sides of the truck to steer it around the good trees that he managed to avoid and brought it to the clearing. I elected to drive into the clearing as to avoid sitting at the bottom of an overpass that I knew was icy. I called a bed to haul away the truck so I wasn't worried about getting stuck as I'd have something there to winch off of. 

20170315_182708_zpsp1wpx4am.jpg

We delivered the truck to the owner's building, where we were thanked for saving them the cost of more trees and paid. The Christmas tree farm owner was going to handle cleaning up all of the trees, so no bonfire in our future.