March 7, 2017 @ 1520 hours:
Hi All … after secondary
review of the procession route by CHP, the route has been changed. For all tow
trucks participating in SATURDAY'S tow truck procession to honor and
remember Fred, new travel route is:
Note: A 10:30 safety brief by CHP with all drivers will occur before roll-out next door at staging location.
Note: Per CHP - NO
OVER-HEAD AMBERS - FOUR-WAY FLASHER & HEADLIGHTS ONLY DURING PROCESSION.
• Stage RoadOne Towing, 9150
Chesapeake Dr., San Diego (Kearny Mesa)
Directions to RoadOne Corporate via Mapquest:
If you're unfamiliar with San Diego Freeways ... follow the leader.
• Roll-out of parking area,
Stop, then right-turn onto Kearny Villa Road.
• At Ruffin Road signal
light, turn left and immediate right onto on-ramp Highway 52 Eastbound
• Eastbound 52 up over Mission Trails Summit - past crash site; mid-way up summit between Santos Road & Mast Boulevard
• Eastbond 52 to Highway 125
• Highway 125 South to
Interstate 8 West (La Mesa)
• Interstate 8 West through El Cajon & La Mesa
• Interstate 8 to Interstate
• Interstate 15 North back Highway 52
• Highway 52 back towards RoadOne’s facility where participants may disperse near 805, I-15, or back at RoadOne
PLEASE: Professional, Safe, Represent
Note: If you're on-call driving the route, you may depart at any time, but do not pass the procession, remain in-line and take the next ramp.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your cooperation.